“Pyeongchang’s mascots are Soohorange and Bandabi, a white tiger and Asiatic black bear.
The white tiger is considered Korea’s guardian animal, and is closely related to Korean mythology. The mascot represents trust and protection and the strength of the athletes. Bandabi the bear is a symbol of strong will and courage.”
All winter Games:
Wilma Rudolph – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQXYVwa4YE
Two thousandths of a second – https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/speed-skating-photo-finish_us_5a8004dae4b0c6726e1435ba?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook
Winter Olympic Sport Research Project
Task: Our class will create and publish a book on all of the fifteen Winter Olympic sports.
You will create:
- Notes from fact sheets and websites
- Written report which will include these headings:
- The Basics – Describe the different components that make up the event. For example, ice skating has the short program, the long program, etc.
- Equipment – Describe the specialized equipment used in the sport
- History – Write a brief history about the event/sport. For example, include how long the sport has been in the Olympics, where it got started, etc.
Please, of course, have an introductory and a concluding paragraph!
We will include copyright-free photos
- Works Cited – see our instruction sheet
Winter Olympic Sports:
- Alpine Skiing
- Cross Country
- Figure Skating
- Freestyle Skiing
- Ice Hockey
- Nordic Combined
- Short Track Speed Skating
- Ski Jumping
- Speed Skating
Wikipedia pages from Mr. D
Paralympic Winter Games