We are now blogging on 100WC! Post your weekly blog on our Kidblog 100WC page. Be sure to make it public! This is a blogging challenge in which we write creatively using 100 words or less! We have comments from all over the world.
Classes we are teamed up with:
Mrs. McParland’s Primary 7 Class at St. Clare’s Abbey Primary School, Nursery, ECPD, 12 Courtenay Hill, Newry, BT34 2EA
Mrs. McParland’s Class blog: https://blog.seesaw.me/primary7mmcp1819/#!/
Mrs. Hay’s Fifth Grade Class at Oxford Elementary at Oxford, Michigan, USA
Welcome to the Terrific Turtles’ Blog!
Mrs Hay’s Class blog: http://fantasticlass.edublogs.org/category/100-word-challenge/
Commenting on other blogs is a skill easily attained by following a few simple practices:
- Be nice to each other. Don’t be mean to other commenters, bloggers have feelings. We’re putting ourselves out there for the world to read our thoughts.
- Connect to the post. Have a point when you comment on someone’s blog. Don’t ramble.
- Read the whole post before you comment. Don’t just comment on the comments. This will help you write a thorough and thoughtful comment.
- Use sentences and short paragraphs. Write in an active voice. Always try to be grammatically correct.
Here are a few comment starters that can help raise questions and provide useful feedback for bloggers.
- This made me think about…….
- I wonder why…….
- Your writing made me form an opinion about…….
- This post is relevant because…….
- Your writing made me think that we should…….
- I wish I understood why…….
- This is important because…….
- Another thing to consider is…….
- I was reminded that…….
- I can relate to this…….
- This makes me think of…….
- I discovered……
- I don’t understand…….
- I found myself wondering…….
– from Mrs. Casey