We are now blogging on 100WC! Post your weekly blog on our Kidblog 100WC page. Be sure to make it public! This is a blogging challenge in which we write creatively using 100 words or less! We have comments from all over the world.
Classes we are teamed up with:
Mrs. Gold’s Class 507e
Ms. Meehan’s Class
Years 1-8 (5-13years)
“Our senior school is named Rakau = meaning wood or forest, and in the area we have three classes of students from Years 5-8.”
Ms. Christiansen’s Class
Three sections of 7th grade ELA
Commenting on other blogs is a skill easily attained by following a few simple practices:
- Be nice to each other. Don’t be mean to other commenters, bloggers have feelings. We’re putting ourselves out there for the world to read our thoughts.
- Connect to the post. Have a point when you comment on someone’s blog. Don’t ramble.
- Read the whole post before you comment. Don’t just comment on the comments. This will help you write a thorough and thoughtful comment.
- Use sentences and short paragraphs. Write in an active voice. Always try to be grammatically correct.
Here are a few comment starters that can help raise questions and provide useful feedback for bloggers.
- This made me think about…….
- I wonder why…….
- Your writing made me form an opinion about…….
- This post is relevant because…….
- Your writing made me think that we should…….
- I wish I understood why…….
- This is important because…….
- Another thing to consider is…….
- I was reminded that…….
- I can relate to this…….
- This makes me think of…….
- I discovered……
- I don’t understand…….
- I found myself wondering…….
– from Ms. Casey